Fodor's Essential Hawaii
Fodor's Travel Guides
Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Hawaii is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to the Big Island, Kauai, Maui, Oahu, and beyond. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Hawaii travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring some the most exciting islands in the United States.
Hawaii overflows with natural beauty, from its soft sand beaches to its dramatic volcanic cliffs. The islands' offerings, from urban Honolulu in Oahu to the luxe resorts of Maui to the natural wonders of Kauai and the Big Island, appeal to all tastes. There's also much to appreciate about the state's unique culture and the tradition of aloha that has welcomed millions of visitors over the years.
Fodor’s Essential Hawaii includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fresh reviews of the best new hotels, restaurants, shops, and bars provide tips for staying and playing on Oahu, Maui, the Big Island, Kauai, Molokai, and Lanai.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A spectacular color photo guide highlights the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions throughout Hawaii to inspire you.
- •DETAILED MAPS: Full-color and full-size street maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Rich, full-color features invite you to experience the best of Hawaii, from what to eat and drink to how to cruise among the islands. Other magazine-style features help you understand everything that Hawaii has to offer, from Kauai's iconic Napali Coast to the lava flows of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, from historic Pearl Harbor to Hawaii's unique culture, including the significance of the lei, the luau, and the hula.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Multiple sample itineraries to help you plan and make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Each island has a convenient overview with highlights and practical advice for getting around. An island finder helps you pick a Hawaiian island that best matches your interests. Other features help you pick the best spots for your family vacation or your wedding.
- •COVERS: Big Island, Kauai, Maui, Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Wailea, Haleakala National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hana, and more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Plan on visiting a specific island in Hawaii? Check out Fodor’s Oahu, Fodor’s Big Island of Hawaii, Fodor’s Kauai, and Fodor’s Maui.